The Hodges University marketing team is looking for a Senior Social Media and Marketing Content Creator who can further enhance our brand and build online communities through our various social media platforms. This enthusiastic, high-energy person will also be passionate about storytelling on social media, in addition to the University’s electronic newsletters and bi-annual magazine. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and administering social media content designed to engage users and create an interactive relationship among the University’s many audiences and the University itself. The successful candidate should also have strong writing and editing skills. Ultimately, the successful candidate will oversee the University’s social media, electronic newsletters and magazine to ensure high levels of web traffic and engagement.
- Perform research and set benchmarks on current trends and audience preferences
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with the University’s strategic goals
- Set specific objectives tied to ROI and generate monthly reports
- Generate, edit, publish, and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos, and news)
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner, and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures, and future blog layout)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, such as promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications
- Attend events and otherwise engage with all facets of the University to capture content, generate story ideas and other content, and shape media messaging, influence followers, and drive enrollment
The successful candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, English, or a related field. A minimum of three years of experience in social media management, copy writing, and content development experience is required. Experience in higher education is preferred. The successful applicant will possess exceptional writing and verbal communication skills; strong copy-editing and proof-reading skills; working knowledge of HTML, AP style, and journalistic techniques and terminology; experience in media relations, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines. The position is based on the Fort Myers campus, with travel and evening and weekend hours as needed to attend meetings and/or events.
Hodges University is a private, nonprofit, regionally accredited university located in southwest Florida and primarily serves adult students. Applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Hodges University is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under the law in its hiring practices. All offers of employment are conditioned on the successful completion of a background check and in some cases, a drug test.
Hodges Annual Security Report (Clery Act Information and Policy) and Crime Stats can be found at: http://www.hodges.edu/admissions/consumerInformation.aspx. The security report describes Hodges Annual Security Plan and the Crime Stats report lists the number and types of crimes committed on or near campus each year.