The Hodges University marketing team is looking for a Webmaster who is responsible for the planning, development, implementation, and measurement of the School’s website platforms in alignment with the university-wide marketing and branding strategy. The Webmaster is responsible for the planning, development, implementation, and measurement of the School’s website platforms in alignment with the university-wide marketing and branding strategy. The successful candidate has the knowledge, creativity, and technical skills in specialized web programming languages, tools, and technology; the exercise of judgment to troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve problems; and the ability to work independently. The candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication abilities, as well as be very attentive to the finer details, and forward-thinking within project cycles. The successful candidate stays informed of, evaluates, and recommends new and emerging web technologies. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining, updating/uploading institutional web page documents on a regular basis according to University specifications, and reviewing institutional pages for errors or necessary changes.
- Build functional website pages that are visually attractive, drive calls to action and are easy to use.
- Regularly updates the look, feel and functionality of the website.
- Experience executing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies and maintaining website presence using SEMrush, Google Analytics, and Google Search Console.
- Collaborate with marketing staff and vendors on website ad campaigns.
- Maintain and add to already existing documentation on all website technologies.
- Ensures website ADA compliance.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on all online traffic.
- Analyze site performance.
- Ensure web site and web server functionality and efficiency.
- Respond to user complaints quickly and appropriately as well as any questions.
- Optimize site loading speeds
- Meet with the VP of Marketing to report regularly on current functionality and plans for future functionality
- Minimize website downtime
- Communicate ways to improve website functionality and usability.
- Perform research and set benchmarks on current trends that can be turned into project driven development cycles.
- Create graphic content and set specific objectives tied to ROI and generate monthly reports.
The successful Webmaster candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Design, or a related field, with previous experience as a Webmaster or Web Developer. Required Technical Skills include:
- React and State Context libraries (React Query/Redux)
- Fundamental Next.js experience a plus
- HTML5 and CSS3
- CSS pre-processors like SASS/SCSS
- Experience using Git (Command line tools or GUI Acceptable)
- Working with projects on GitHub
- Understands continuous deployment
- Google Analytics
- Adobe Creative (Photoshop)
- Chrome Dev Tools/Browser testing
For additional information and to apply CLICK HERE